For over ten years, long-distance hikers have been walking along the ‘blue gentian’ trail in the Pongau region in SalzburgerLand. Thousands of enthusiastic hikers, families and climbers ...
When the meadows high in the mountains are in juicy green bloom, the last snow has melted and the crisp mountain air is filled with buzzing insects and the ringing of bells, then Alpine Summer in SalzburgerLand has begun. The herdsmen move into their rustic mountain huts to look after the cows, sheep and goats during the summer months. Numerous festivals accompany Alpine Summer with musical and culinary attractions.
Alpine Summer in SalzburgerLand is more then only the tradition of farming and cultivating mountain pastures. It is also synonymous with the comprehensive offerings of certified Alpine Summer huts, cultivated mountain farms, trails and bookable holiday packages in SalzburgerLand. Above all, Alpine Summer is a feeling that every visitor can experience with all senses. The smell of sun-warmed hay during mowing time, while hiking towards the top through freshly mown meadows and watching farmers rhythmically swing their scythes, is surely unforgettable. The whooshing sound of the scythe blades can be heard from afar, just like the cheerful yodelling one might hear echoing across the valley. A rest along the way is definitely worth it! Nowhere else can you view the majestic mountain panorama better than on a soft, mossy pasture. Here, between blooming blueberry shrubs, the gaze goes on forever and satisfaction and tranquility slowly set in.
Hikers will find on the mountains of SalzburgerLand a virtually boundless network of perfectly signposted hiking trails of all difficulty levels. A special feature is certainly the Salzburg Almenweg, which leads over 31 stages from Alpine pasture to Alpine pasture and through the entire county of Salzburg. Outstanding summer cable cars take pleasure hikers comfortably to the start of their tours. Hungry mountain fans are warmly welcome on over 1,800 farmed mountain pastures and in 550 huts in SalzburgerLand, to enjoy culinary delights with fresh regional products.
Salzburg Alpine Summer Facts
- Alpine summer opening: annually on the weekend before the summer solstice
- Events: Numerous events on the Alpine pastures show living traditions and customs
- Certified Alpine Huts: 172 certified Alpine huts in the province of Salzburg bear the “Almsommer certificate”
- All-inclusive packages: numerous special offers for hikers and families
- Alpine Concentration: Over 1.800 Alpine pastures and 550 huts make SalzburgerLand the state with the highest concentration of Alpine pastures
- Salzburger Almenweg: This long-distance hiking trail leads over 31 stages from Alpine pasture to Alpine pasture
- Salzburger Summer Cable Cars: The ten best Salzburg summer cable cars are fully certified and offer not only the highest quality, but also exciting topics such as “Adventure”, “Familiy”, “Pleasure” or “Panorama and Nature Experience”.
- Alpine Summer Brochure: Overview of all 172 excellent Alpine Summer huts, Alpine Summer partners, hiking options, trekking tours and events (available only in german language).