A hearty Brettljause, a fragrant Kaiserschmarren and genuine hospitality, where you can simply feel comfortable. SalzburgerLand stands like no other region for its alpine landscape and its rustic alpine huts. A quarter of our land area is Alpine pastures. There are 550 alpine huts in total, and almost 200 have earned the “Salzburger Almsommerhütte” seal of approval. These huts are all easily accessible with children, and hikers can look forward to a particularly original, authentic alpine experience. Regional delicacies are served with most of them being lovingly made by the innkeepers themselves. This means, you will move on both in a good mood and with new energy. For example, on the Salzburg Alpine Pastures Trail which is a wonderful route with 25 stages (can be hiked individually) where you can freely choose to stay overnight either in hotels or mountain huts, or combine them as you wish. For wonderful hiking trails and the enjoyment you find there.
That's what we live for!
Alpine Summer in SalzburgerLand is more then only the tradition of farming and cultivating mountain pastures. It is also synonymous with the comprehensive offerings of certified Alpine Summer huts, cultivated mountain farms, trails and bookable holiday packages in SalzburgerLand. Above all, Alpine Summer is a feeling that every visitor can experience with all senses. The smell of sun-warmed hay during mowing time, while hiking towards the top through freshly mown meadows and watching farmers rhythmically swing their scythes, is surely unforgettable. The whooshing sound of the scythe blades can be heard from afar, just like the cheerful yodelling one might hear echoing across the valley. A rest along the way is definitely worth it! Nowhere else can you view the majestic mountain panorama better than on a soft, mossy pasture. Here, between blooming blueberry shrubs, the gaze goes on forever and satisfaction and tranquility slowly set in.
Hikers will find on the mountains of SalzburgerLand a virtually boundless network of perfectly signposted hiking trails of all difficulty levels. A special feature is certainly the Salzburg Almenweg, which leads over 31 stages from Alpine pasture to Alpine pasture and through the entire county of Salzburg. Outstanding summer cable cars take pleasure hikers comfortably to the start of their tours. Hungry mountain fans are warmly welcome on over 1,800 farmed mountain pastures and in 550 huts in SalzburgerLand, to enjoy culinary delights with fresh regional products.
Salzburg Alpine Summer Facts
- Alpine summer opening: annually on the weekend before the summer solstice
- Events: Numerous events on the Alpine pastures show living traditions and customs
- Certified Alpine Huts
- All-inclusive packages: numerous special offers for hikers and families
- Alpine Concentration: Over 1.800 Alpine pastures and 550 huts make SalzburgerLand the state with the highest concentration of Alpine pastures
- Salzburger Almenweg: This long-distance hiking trail leads over 25 stages from Alpine pasture to Alpine pasture
- Salzburger Summer Cable Cars: The best Salzburg summer cable cars are fully certified and offer not only the highest quality, but also exciting topics such as “Adventure”, “Familiy”, “Pleasure” or “Panorama and Nature Experience”.
- Alpine Summer Brochure: Overview of all excellent Alpine Summer huts, Alpine Summer partner accommodations, hiking options, trekking tours and events (available in German language only).