The “Farm Holiday Association” was founded in 1992. In order to maintain both a good image, as well as high quality, the 333 members are subjected to an inspection every four years to ensure they meet the criteria of the Association. These farms bear the trademark of the “Farm Holiday”, a symbol of a flower and have a similar rating to that of hotels.
A wide range of holidays are on offer, with something to suit every taste. Many of the farms have concentrated on a particular highlight. There are special baby and children friendly farms which offer playgrounds, trampolines and equipment for even the smallest guests. Some farms specialise in horse riding and for those who simply wish to relax and unwind, there are herbal and organic farms. The barrier-free farms ensure that guests with special needs are well looked after.
Top 5 “Farm Holiday” – Tips
- Children have the opportunity to take care of the animals whilst on holiday at the Maurachhof in St. Johann. Here children receive a personal pass along with an album including care instructions. There are many different animals the children can care for and cuddle, including hares, cows, ponies and sheep. This farm is perfectly located and a perfect starting point for numerous hikes and in winter the Skiwelt Amadé for skiing.
- A Farm Holiday can also be a culinary experience, such as a stay at the Blasihof in St. Michael im Lungau where delicious fish dishes are served fresh from the pond. Meals are prepared with many home-grown and regional products. A tasty organic Salzburg breakfast will kick start your day! The Blasihof with the nearby Blasisee lies at an altitude of 1.111 metres above sea level and is situated in the small village of Fell just outside St. Michael.
- Guests at the Bauernhof Oberscheffau in Neukirchen can experience pure tobogganing fun on the longest illuminated run in the world. An adventure for the whole family. The farm is run by family “Unterrasser” and has been awarded four flowers and offers accommodation on a half board basis. Children will love the newly designed playground and can also enjoy a ride on “Tina” the pony.
- Enjoy a romantic farm stay. The Hammerhof is a 400-year-old renovated farm in Filzmoos, set in a beautiful location amongst the mountains in SalzburgerLand and just a few minutes’ walk from the village of Filzmoos. After a horse-drawn carriage ride why not enjoy a drink at the centrally located “Kenn i Di” bar.
- Let yourself be spoilt at the Bambichlhof in Fuschl. After bathing in waters with herbal extracts, whey and natural salt, why not enjoy a soothing massage. During the summer months enjoy a swim in the Fuschlsee or participate in a range of sporting activities on offer at the Bambichlhof or perhaps join the farmer an expert in herbs, in gathering ingredients from the meadows to make your own fitness drink. In winter try some cross-country skiing.