If you’re looking for a little piece, quiet and the simple life, yet would like to have some company, then a holiday at a hosted hut in SalzburgerLand is for you. Pack your backpack and off you go into unspoilt nature! On the hosted mountain huts, you have a cosy bed or dormitory and are served the best regional food. Your instant temporary family is included, as your host and hut keeper’s family lives with you under one and the same roof.
Early in the morning, the hosts and hut keepers get up to look out for the cattle or to prepare for the day. It’s a good opportunity to see a spectacular sunrise and to watch them at work, or even to roll up your sleeves and lend a hand. This type of holiday is also ideal for families as the children get to know the simple but fulfilling life on the mountain first hand. A night spent in the hay is an unforgettable experience for big and small adventurers alike. The hosts are happy to chat and recount stories and anecdotes and give valuable tips for exciting hikes or insider places where you’re likely to find mushrooms to pick.
Five reasons for a holiday on a hosted mountain hut
- You’re away from the hustle and bustle but not alone as the hut hosts themselves live there.
- The hosts provide a delicious meal, mostly with produce from their own hill farm.
- You gain an insight into the hosts’ everyday work and can even help out a little.
- The hosts will join you at the table and tell many stories about life in the mountains.
- You will nowhere be closer to nature and real mountain hut life.