Since opening in 2001, Neuss Skihall, situated in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, has made a name for itself as a ski area that is open the whole year round – 365 days a year! This indoor ski hall offers everything a skier could possibly want. Experts enjoy the 300-metre long downhill run down the slope, which always features perfectly groomed powder snow. The offers for newcomers are particularly attractive. Under the guidance of optimally trained ski instructors it doesn’t take long until even the smallest skiers ski down the 100-metre long beginner’s slope in “pizza slice” turns. Naturally, this not only goes for kids, but also for adults.
A number of other activities have appeared over the years on these premises that sprawl out over 150.000 m². Enticing activities await in the outdoor area, with its climbing park, “Almgolf” pitch (Alpine pasture golf, during which guests play on 35-metre long greens and must master all kinds of hills, depressions and terrain passages during the game), and football pitches.
All the activities at Alpenpark Neuss have one thing in common. They all combine fun, exercise and action with quintessential Salzburg hospitality in an alpine setting. The culinary variety offered by the a-la carte restaurant, the Salzburger Hochalm, Salzburger Alm Biergarten, and opportunities to stay overnight in the Hotel Fire & Ice round off the experience to perfection.
Overnight stays in the new BaumChalets are a really special experience. Alongside the usual comforts you’d expect to find in a hotel, there are also terraces amongst the treetops, or, depending upon your choice of chalet, an integrated sauna, whirlpool on your own terrace, or a crackling fire in the fireplace in your bedroom.
Facts about the ski hall
- For years this has ranked number one on the ski website skiresort.de
- 2 tow lifts and 1 four-person chairlift ensure a comfortable ascent
- Ski down on the 300-metre-long and 60-metre-wide powder snow slope
- Kids can ride up the ski slope on the “magic carpet”
- Thanks to the separate beginner’s slope, experts and non-experts don’t get in each other’s way
- Year after year, more than 50,000 beginners (including 30,000 children) learn the art of skiing at the ski hall in Neuss
- Further information can be found at: www.alpenpark-neuss.de