Can I currently go on holiday in SalzburgerLand?
Currently and up to at least the end of February, all commercial and private accommodation establishments must remain closed. As was the case last spring, there is only one exception and that is business travel. The current comprehensive measures to contain the Corona pandemic in Austria are intended to improve the infection situation in the near future and to enable you to spend a safe holiday in SalzburgerLand also this winter.
What are the current rules for entry into Austria?
All persons entering Austria must immediately on arrival begin a 10-day quarantine. After five days at the earliest, a PCR test can be done in order to be able to end the quarantine period prematurely only when delivering a negative test result.
Since Friday, January 15th, electronic registration is mandatory for all persons entering Austria. This also applies to Austrians abroad.
In case of an inspection entrants have to present the confirmation of transmission from the PTC system, electronically or in printed form.
- This rule does not apply to travellers entering from the following ten countries: Australia, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Uruguay and the Vatican. However, you must have stayed there continuously for ten days beforehand
- Also excluded are business trips, commuters and cross-border occupations
- These travel warnings apply to all tourist and other non-essential travel, including family visits. However, those who enter at least once a month for family purposes or to visit their partner are excluded. Similarly, entry is also possible without restriction in cases of unforeseeable family issues and undelayable reasons, such as serious illnesses, deaths, funerals, births and the care of persons in need of assistance in emergencies. These exceptions must be clearly demonstrated during any official check. In other words, they must be explained to the authority in a comprehensible manner.
What are the rules for people entering from a country classified as a risk area by Austria?
For guests from countries and regions classified by Austria as a Covid-19 risk area (see above), the following rules apply:
- Persons entering from a risk area must be quarantined for 10 days
- After 5 days, a PCR test can be done to end the quarantine in the event of a negative test result
- A PCR test can be carried out by a registered doctor or at the drive-in stations of the Austrian Red Cross (Salzburg Süd, Zell am See, St. Johann) or at Salzburg Airport. The costs (currently approx. € 115 Euros) for the test must be paid on-site by the guest. Without a negative test result, a ten-day quarantine must be carried out
More information can be found at:
What is the current situation around Covid-19 at my desired holiday destination?
You can find information about this in the topic area >> Safe Vacation Planning.
What should I consider when travelling by public transport?
Travelling by train to SalzburgerLand and back? To protect the health of you and other passengers, please observe the regulations on public transport:
- In all public transport and in the waiting area of train and bus stations, a FFP2 mask must be worn
- Use public transport only if you feel healthy
- Where possible, the minimum 2 meters distance applies to persons who do not live in the same household
- Where possible, buy tickets online, at the hotel or at a ticket machine
What are the rules for a taxi ride?
- Drivers and passengers must wear FFP2 masks and keep the minimum distance where possible
- A maximum of 2 persons may be carried in each row of seats of the vehicle (including the front seats), i.e.:
- Vehicle with 5 seats: max. 3 passengers
- Vehicle with 9 seats and 3 rows: max. 5 passengers
- Vehicle with 9 seats and 4 rows: max. 7 passengers
- Only persons living in the same household can deviate from this 2 person system for taxis and taxi-like establishments, i.e. all seats of the vehicle can be occupied
- If possible, pay contactless with a card
Where and how can I rent a car in SalzburgerLand?
- Rental cars are available in the city of Salzburg (at the airport for example) and in the large ski resorts in SalzburgerLand
- Reservations can be booked and managed online at almost all companies
- Vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before handing over to the customer
- When handing over to the customer, safety precautions and distance rules are adhered to and personal contact is reduced
When returning home, please check if there are current travel warnings for SalzburgerLand?
Travel warnings from other countries or restrictions on return from SalzburgerLand are currently in force also for guests from the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Denmark or Sweden (among others).