The choice ingredients from the surrounding culinary regions become unforgettable delights. Whether it is local traditional specialities or exceptional creations, any gourmet gets their money’s worth here. Every region has its own gourmet scene, and so true connoisseurs can enjoy fresh fish right by a lake, tender Pongau wild game with local vegetable specialities and delectable cheese creations at huts in the Tennengau that make their own cheese.
Down-to-earth and creative at the same time
Even when reading the menus, gourmets click their tongue with anticipation. Down-to-earth and creative Salzburg top chefs arouse the desire for local dishes which are contemporary and reinterpreted. No other federal province meets such high culinary demands as Salzburg, and the province is famous and popular far beyond the provincial borders for its prestigious culinary celebrities.
Discover something special: the high concentration of award-winning restaurants.
Greetings from Gault Millau
The Culinary Pathway for Gourmets gathers the best chefs in the province, who have been distinguished with at least two toques by the “Gault Millau” guide: from a good middle-class country inn to an urban city restaurant as well as from a modern designer restaurant to a romantic lakeside terrace. Culinary delicacies are waiting on the Via Culinaria!
Delectable gift tip for at home
Many award-winning chefs offer homemade delicacies such as marmalades, spreads, fine spirits and other treats to take home with you as culinary souvenirs. Cookbooks from well-known Salzburg chefs are also recommended for your personal library.
Larger, more diverse and more extensive than ever, the 6th Edition of the Via Culinaria Guide presents nine Taste Trails and 300 “tasty addresses” in SalzburgerLand
Good to know
A gourmet culinary experience is a fine dining experience in every aspect and one to cherish. You can expect a gourmet experience to be many notches finer than a usual dine-out.
1. The ingredients used by Gourmet restaurants are of the highest quality, and care goes into ensuring the standard is maintained. In some gourmet restaurants, solely organic ingredients are used, produced from sustainable means.
2. The dishes are prepared by Gourmet chefs who are experts in their respective specialties. You can expect a flavor explosion with every bite and your taste palette gently tapped.
3. The ambiance, from lighting to music, is carefully designed. It radiates elegance, and everything has a touch of effortless sophistication, even the cutlery and wine glasses.
4. The presentation of each dish is artistic and an utter joy to behold.
5. You can also count on exceptional customer experience at a Gourmet culinary experience with respectful & polite attending staff by your side for any need.
Some of the top restaurants you can experience Gourmet fine dining include Hotel & Restaurant Obauer by the brothers Obauer in Werfen, Ikarus at Hangar 7 with Martin Klein, Senns.Restaurant by Andreas Senn in Salzburg, Restaurant Kräuterreich by Vitus Winkler in St. Veit, or the gourmet restaurant Döllerer by Andreas Döllerer in Golling.