DECENTRALISED PROVINCIAL EXHIBITION
In SalzburgerLand, Upper Austria and in Tirol, special exhibitions will be devoted to the anniversary of the world-famous Christmas song starting from autumn 2018 onwards.
Nine different museums and towns are joining forces for the national exhibition “200 Years Silent Night — Austria’s Peace Message to the World” from 29 September 2018 to 3 February 2019. The museums in Arnsdorf and Oberndorf, the Salzburg Museum in the provincial capital, the Silent Night Museum in Hallein, the new museum at the Pflegerschlössl in Wagrain, as well as the Museum of Mariapfarr in the Lungau region will present the famous Christmas song and its creators from a variety of different perspectives. Hintersee, where for a decade Joseph Mohr was active as a parish vicar, invites visitors to experience the new theme trail revolving around the town’s history, the conservation of creation and the soundscape of nature. Beyond Salzburg’s provincial borders, the national exhibition is also joined by Hochburg-Ach in Upper Austria, Franz Xaver Gruber’s place of birth, as well as Fügen, for the international dissemination of Silent Night began here in the Zillertal Valley.
Here you can find all the relevant information about the exhibition locations.
EVENTS IN SALZBURGERLAND
• “My Silent Night” stage play by the Salzburg State Theatre at the Felsenreitschule theatre
• Salzburg Advent Festival at the Grosses Festspielhaus
• Silent Night Guided Tour with the Salzburg Guides
• Salzburg Advent Serenades “Silent Night”
• “Silent Mouse and Silent Night” in Wagrain-Kleinarl: a light theatre project with both puppets and people in collaboration with the Salzburg State Theatre and the Salzburg Marionette Theatre
• Post Office Christmas in the Pflegerschlössl
• Advent of Cultures in the Pflegerschlössl
• 58th Joseph Mohr Memorial singing on the 26th December
• Theatre piece “Heaven for Anna” by Yarina & Max Gurtner
• Gruber-Mohr Commemoration in Arnsdorf and torch-lit hike to the Silent Night Chapel in Oberndorf on 24th December
• Concert series by the Philharmonie Salzburg
• Concert series with the new Silent Night Organ
• “Gruber personally”: round tour with actor Heimo Thiel in the role of Franz Xaver Gruber
EVENTS IN UPPER AUSTRIA
• “Postamt Christkindl” (Christmas Post office)
• “Steyrer Kripperl” – stick puppet theatre with Biedermeier Scenes from life in Steyr
• Steyr Blacksmith Christmas – traditional blacksmith work at open fire
Ried im Innkreis
• Special Christmas exhibit with the original Silent Night Nativity Screne from Oberndorf at the Innviertler Volkskundehaus Museum
EVENTS IN TIROL
Fügen in Zillertal
• “Mauracher and Mohr”, music theatre by Hakon Hirzenberger at the Festhalle Fügen
• Advent Market with Christmas procession at Fügen Castle
Find here all Events and higlights around the anniversary year of “Silent Night! Holy Night!”.