A lockdown is in effect in Austria since 22 November until probably 13 December.
Here with us you should always feel safe. Read how our hosts make your holiday in SalzburgerLand a special experience this year.
What are the current rules for events?
Events in SalzburgerLand are finally possible again! This includes cultural events, sporting events, weddings, film screenings, trips by coaches or excursion ships for tourist purposes, exhibitions, congresses, trade and public fairs and occasional markets.
Events can take place within the following capacity limits:
- Participants must show a valid vaccination certificate or a recovery confirmation from COVID-19 before the event (2G rule)
- No further minimum distance and no further capacity restrictions
- No further opening or closing time restrictions
- No persons upper limit at events – neither in seating or standing areas
- Duty of disclosure: from 100 people
- Duty of authorisation: from 500 people
Is there a forecast as to whether certain events can take place?
All event organisers will provide information on whether an event will take place or not. Please check directly with your event organiser for the latest information.
Which leisure and sports facilities are currently open?
Museums, libraries, all leisure facilities, swimming pools, fitness studios, sports facilities, zoos and animal parks are also open again. The same applies to theatres, leisure and amusement parks, indoor playgrounds, show mines and cultural facilities. The practice of contact sports is also possible again.
- From 8th November, visitors entering indoor areas will be required to show a valid vaccination certificate or confirmation of recovery from COVID-19. Please note that antigen quick-tests and PCR tests are no longer accepted for entry to leisure and sports facilities.
- Catering analogous to regulations for gastronomy
On the following pages you will find answers to the most important questions about framework conditions and protection – Ministry of Social Affairs, leisure regulations as well as trade fairs and events.