(c) Deutsche Bahn

Safe departure

Travel information on leaving SalzburgerLand

Relaxed and carefree - just as the holiday in SalzburgerLand was, so should the journey home also be. This information can be helpful for this.

From Monday 22nd November up to and including Sunday 12th December, a nationwide lockdown has been in effect for all persons (both vaccinated, recovered, and unvaccinated). This serves to contain the incidence of infection in Austria.
With this, we are creating the conditions for a safe winter holiday and are really looking forward to welcoming you back to SalzburgerLand from Friday 17th December, 2021.


  • If possible, use an online checkout to reduce congestion at the reception. Please check with your accommodation company directly if this option exists
  • If possible, make use of the contactless handover of keys and keycards at holiday apartments and houses
  • If possible, pay contactless with ATM/debit or credit card

Are there international travel warnings for SalzburgerLand and what does this mean for me on my return journey?

An overview of current entry restrictions for some European countries (excerpt) on return from Austria:

Germany (Status 07.12.2021):

For the return trip to Germany from Austria (current classification as high risk area) you need the following:

  • All persons (regardless of age) must register online before returning: Digital Entry Registration
  • All persons 12 years and older need 3G proof for return travel from Austria to Germany:
    • Vaccinated
    • Recovered
    • Proof of a valid test (antigen rapid test with a validity of 48 hours or PCR test with a validity of 72 hours) (Please note the quarantine regulations).
    • The determination is valid regardless of the choice of mode of transportation. Additional information can be found HERE.
  • No quarantine obligation for vaccinated and recovered guests when returning to Germany from a high-risk area – details can be found here: Coronavirus Entry Ordinance (CoronaEinreiseV) ( Prerequisite for the quarantine exemption is the upload of the vaccination or convalescent proof via the entry portal
  • Quarantine obligation for non-vaccinated and geneseed persons: a termination of the 10-day quarantine is possible at the earliest after the fifth day of entry into Germany. This requires the transmission of the negative test result to the health office.
  • Quarantine obligation for children under 12 years: Children under 12 years of age do not require 3G proof for return travel, but at the current status must enter quarantine for five days after returning to Germany. After five days, the seclusion is automatically terminated. The Austrian Federal Government is currently working to obtain an easing of this provision for children under the age of 12.


  • Entry is possible from Switzerland without quarantine
  • Travel to Switzerland via airplane requires a completed entry form
  • When entering Switzerland by air, persons who have neither been vaccinated nor recovered must present a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or antigen test (not older than 48 hours)


  • Austria is listed as a safe country in the Netherlands (colour code “orange”). Travel is possible again
  • Neither PCR test nor quarantine are necessary
  • Presentation of a 3-G proof is required for entry into the Netherlands
  • All passengers entering the Netherlands by air, including Dutch nationals, must present the “Health Declaration Form


  • SalzburgerLand is classified as a “red” zone
  • Before entering Belgium, all persons regardless of their means of transport or nationality must complete a Public Health Passenger Locator Form (PLF) via online registration. From the evaluation of the PLF and risk behavior, a possible quarantine and testing request is made via SMS. Persons who have been abroad for less than 48 hours or will be in Belgium for less than 48 hours are excluded
  • The presentation of a 3-G proof is required for entry into Belgium

United Kingdom (Status 07.12.2021)

  • Since 7.12.2021 Covid tests are again required for entry into the UK. Accordingly, a negative lateral flow or PCR test result must be presented. The test must be done up to 48 hours before entry. You can find a provider of lateral flow tests HERE.
  • Registration requirement for travelers from Austria: Passenger Locator Form
  • A traffic light system is used for return travel to the UK. Austria is currently on the “green list”
  • In addition, an antigen or PCR test must be booked and paid for prior to travel to the UK and must be performed on or by the second day after entry. Self-isolation is required until the negative test result is received
  • When entering the country by car or train, the rules for the country that was last passed through apply
  • Regarding the tests there is the possibility to book a package “Fit to Fly Test”. You can find more information HERE.

Denmark: When returning to Denmark, a negative COVID-19 test (antigen test valid for 48 hours or PCR test valid for 72 hours), proof of vaccination or proof of recovery must be presented. For air travel, the negative COVID-19 test must be presented at the time of departure. For persons who are neither vaccinated nor recovered, additional testing is required upon arrival.

Sweden: For entry into Sweden, proof of EU Covid-19 certificate of vaccination, recovery or testing OR proof of negative Covid-19 test not older than 72 hours is required. Proof must be provided in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or English.

>> Country-specific travel information from the Federal Ministry of European and International Affairs can be found HERE.

>> A clear summary of all current entry requirements and travel warnings can be found HERE.

Where can I get more information about leaving Austria for my home country?

Detailed information can be found on the following pages: Federal Ministry of Tourism, Federal Ministry of the Interior, Ö, the State of Salzburg and the ÖAMTC.