Are the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand currently open?
The ski resorts in SalzburgerLand are open as planned (please note the currently valid entry regulations for Austria. More on this in the topic >> Safe Arrival). We recommend that you check if your desired ski area is operating before you travel.
What measures and precautions have been taken by the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand for this winter season?
The national government has presented safety measures to ensure safe skiing for our guests during the winter season.
2G regulation when skiing.
- For the use of gondolas and ski lifts, a valid 2G proof (vaccinated or recovered) must be presented. Please note that rapid antigen tests and PCR tests are no longer accepted.
- Ski tickets (one-day or multi-day tickets) will be available according to the 2G proof rule.
- A FFP2 mask must be worn in the gondolas and ski lifts
- Compared to last year, there are no capacity limits or distance regulations for gondolas and lifts
The Covid Board SalzburgerLand has developed a hygiene concept and clear guidelines for the already past winter season together with the winter sports regions and cable car operators in SalzburgerLand to ensure safe skiing for our guests. Measures for last year’s hygiene concept, which may also be taken into account this year, are as follows:
- Closed lifts (such as gondolas) are ventilated as well as possible during the ride
- Disinfection facilities are provided in the toilet facilities as well as at neuralgic points throughout the ski area
Can I use ski buses and other public transport? How is health taken care of there?
Ski buses also operate this winter in the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand. In many winter sports regions, buses run at increased intervals in order to keep passenger numbers as low as possible and to bring you safely to your destination.
Ski buses have the same rules as other public transport. To protect the health of you and other passengers, please note:
- In all public transport and in the waiting area of train and bus stations, a FFP2 mask must be worn
- Use public transport only if you feel healthy
- Where possible, buy tickets online, at the hotel or at a ticket machine
- Timetable information Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)
- Route planner Transport Association Salzburg
- Line planner City and State of Salzburg
- Detailed plans for ski buses etc. are also available in the ski regions
What are the rules in ski schools?
For the coming winter season, the valid rules for ski schools are currently being created.
The following measures were set for the last year:
- The Austrian Ski School Association worked out detailed solutions how an operation of the ski schools will be possible considering all measures
- The Covid-Board SalzburgerLand had also taken a close look at this area: >> The regulations and recommendations from last year can be found here.
As soon as we have current information about the ski school operation for the winter season 2021/22, we will inform you on this page.
How does the ski rental work?
At the rental station, unvaccinated persons are required to wear an FFP2 mask. Vaccinated persons are recommended to wear a FFP2 mask.
Many sports retailers also offer online booking. Feel free to inquire directly at the tourist information office in the winter sports region of your choice about the specific options.
Will there be Aprés Ski this year?
Aprés Ski will be possible this year, subject to stricter regulations. Explicitly for Aprés Ski and night gastronomy locations the following regulation applies: 2G-regulation for Aprés Ski and night gastronomy. Access is now only possible for vaccinated and recovered persons. Proof of a PCR test or rapid antigen test will no longer be accepted for entry to Aprés Ski venues and gastronomy or other leisure facilities.