Are the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand currently open?
From 24th December onwards, the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand can reopen and may be initially visited as day trips only. (If you come to SalzburgerLand from abroad, please note the relevant entry and exit regulations that apply to your home country. More on this in the topic >> Safe Arrival)
What measures and precautions have been taken by the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand for this winter season?
The Covid-Board SalzburgerLand, together with the winter sports regions and cable car operators in SalzburgerLand, has developed a hygiene concept and clear guidelines to ensure safe skiing for our guests during the 2020/21 winter season. >> Measures & recommendations of the Covid-Board SalzburgerLand
Public sector & means of transport
- Gondolas and ski lifts are ventilated in the best possible way during the journey
- All cable car equipment (gondola cabins & lift chairs) are regularly disinfected
- Disinfection options are available in the toilet facilities as well as at neuralgic points throughout the ski area
- Waiting areas are organised in such a way that tight group of persons are avoided as far as possible
- There is an increased opportunity to purchase and charge your ski tickets online
Information on safety measures
- Ski guests are advised of the applicable Corona safety regulations in the ski areas using signs and loudspeaker announcements on site
- The employees of all cable car companies are trained or instructed according to uniform guidelines and regulations on the Corona safety measures. The cable car companies each have a Corona-responsible employee, who is responsible for the planning and implementation of the measures
- Employees of the cable car companies are subjected to regular health checks and, where necessary, tests. Those employees who are in direct contact with customers either wear a mouth&nose protection or are spatially separated from the guests by appropriate protective measures (e.g. plexiglass panels)
As our guests, please note:
In the following areas, a mouth&nose protection must be worn permanently:
- on the ski bus and other public transport
- at the cash register, waiting and setting area for cable cars (also outdoors)
- in cable cars or chairlifts
The minimum 1 metre distance must be observed against persons who do not live in the same household. In enclosed spaces of the cable cars, gondolas & lifts, a capacity limit of 50% has to be followed.
Can I use ski buses and other public transport? How is health taken care of there?
Ski buses also operate this winter in the ski resorts in SalzburgerLand. In many winter sports regions, buses run at increased intervals in order to keep passenger numbers as low as possible and to bring you safely to your destination.
Ski buses have the same rules as other public transport. To protect the health of you and other passengers, please note:
- In all public transport and in the waiting area of train and bus stations, a mouth&nose protection must be worn
- Use public transport only if you feel healthy
- The minimum 1 metre distance applies to persons who do not live in the same household
- Where possible, buy tickets online, at the hotel or at a ticket machine
- Timetable information Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB)
- Route planner Transport Association Salzburg
- Line planner City and State of Salzburg
- Detailed plans for ski buses etc. are also available in the ski regions
What are the rules in ski schools?
The Austrian Ski School Association has developed detailed solutions on how to operate the ski schools taking into account all measures. >> All information can be found here: www.snowsportaustria.at
The Covid-Board SalzburgerLand has also taken a close look at this area: >> The regulations and recommendations for ski schools can be found here.
As our guests, please note:
- In ski schools, it is important to keep the 1-metre minimum distance from people who do not live in the same household
- Mouth&nose masks are also mandatory in the customer area of the ski school and wherever the minimum distance cannot be observed
Will ski passes be refunded in the event of a Corona-related lockdown?
Salzburg Super Ski Card
All ski resorts in SalzburgerLand will be subject to the Super Ski Card refund policy in the event of an official closure of all ski areas due to COVID-19 during the season. Full details can be found at: www.superskicard.com
Ski Alpin Card
The same regulations apply to the Ski ALPIN CARD in the Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn ski resorts, Schmittenhöhe and the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski area in Zell am See-Kaprun. Full details can be found at: www.alpincard.at
Ski amadé Skipass
In the event of a permanent Corona-related restriction on the possibility of using Ski amadé tickets, holder of multi-day and season tickets will be entitled to a usage-based refund. Full details can be found at: www.skiamade.com/seasonpass
How does ski rental work?
In the rental stations, mouth&nose protection is mandatory. In addition, the minimum 1 metre distance must be observed against persons who do not live in the same household.
Rental sports equipment is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each return.
Many sports retailers also offer online booking. Please inform yourself directly at the Tourist-Info in the winter sports region of your choice about the exact possibilities.