Mattsee in summer
In the warmer months, the amount of options that Mattsee and its surrounding countryside offer is particularly large. For relaxation seekers and sports enthusiasts, the turquoise-blue Mattsee with its numerous bathing possibilities offers a lot both in and on the water:
- Kneipping in the Weyrerbucht
- Boat rides to the neighbouring Obertrumer see
For those who would rather see the Salzburg Lake District from a bird’s-eye view, a balloon ride or a para-gliding flight is recommended. True golf enthusiasts enjoy a break on one of the nine top courses.
TIP: Mattsee is particularly popular with families. Whether swimming, cycling, water sports or culture – with this large selection of leisure activities for young and old everyone finds their perfect holiday pleasure.
Sightseeing in Mattsee:
- Ferdinand Porsche Experience World: this museum of the Austrian visionary Ferdinand Porsche shows milestones in mobility
- Mattsee Castle: A breakfast overlooking the lake and then a walk around the castle? Wonderful!
- Monastery Museum Mattsee: unique exhibits from bygone days.
- The city of Salzburg is only 18 kilometres from Mattsee.