A lake, a castle, untouched nature and a lot of enjoyment. If you spend your holiday in Mattsee, you will not forget it soon. Surrounded by the three lakes Mattsee, Obertrumer See and Grabensee, this magical place lies in the heart of the Salzburg Lake District.
In the warmer months, the amount of options that Mattsee and its surrounding countryside offer is particularly large. For relaxation seekers and sports enthusiasts, the turquoise-blue Mattsee with its numerous bathing possibilities offers a lot both in and on the water:
- Beach bath
- Boat rides to the neighbouring Obertrumer seeWind-Surfing
- Mini Golf
For those who would rather see the Salzburg Lake District from a bird’s-eye view, a balloon ride or a para-gliding flight is recommended. True golf enthusiasts enjoy a break on one of the nine top courses.
TIP: Mattsee is particularly popular with families. Whether swimming, cycling, water sports or culture – with this large selection of leisure activities for young and old everyone finds their perfect holiday pleasure.
Sightseeing in Mattsee:
- Ferdinand Porsche Experience World: this museum of the Austrian visionary Ferdinand Porsche shows milestones in mobility
- Mattsee Castle: A breakfast overlooking the lake and then a walk around the castle? Wonderful!
- Monastery Museum Mattsee: unique exhibits from bygone days.
- The Diabelli summer during the summer months has become a high caliber festival
- The open-air stage of the Schlossbergspiele scores with the magnificent scenery