Just a few kilometres from the city of Salzburg lies the holiday town of Koppl. Thanks to the surrounding countryside and the numerous sports and adventure opportunities, there is guaranteed no boredom here. Rolling hills, scenic peaks and the Lakes of the Salzkammergut are close by leaving no wish unfulfilled!
A walk through the Koppler Moor does you good. This hiking paradise with its rare plants and animals combines the diversity of Nature. For Sports enthusiasts there is a round of tennis, golfde Tennis, Golf or a wander through the pictureqsue landscape. In winter, when Koppl is covered in a blanket of snow, the nearby ski areas invite you to winter pleasure. Race down the valley on the toboggan run!
Insider’s Tips in Koppl
- Hike up the Nockstein (1,042 m): great views from the Salzkammergut to the Chiemsee
- A day at the lake: in the nearby lakes of the Salzkammergut, such as Fuschlsee or Wolfgangsee
- Motor sports fans listen up: the Salzburgring awaits with numerous events
- And for car lovers, a visit to the Manro Classic Museum should not be missed
- When the cross-country ski run starts right in front of the town centre, cross-country enthusiasts are sure to get their money’s worth. Cross-country ski run report
- The Advent season at the popular Guggenthaler Advent Church is especially thought-provoking. Handicrafts and handmade items are waiting to be discovered as well as local delicacies.
If you visit Koppl in the quiet time of the year, you will find the Christmas market at the Guggenthaler Kircherl. The harmonious lights, the smell of mulled wine and roasted almonds, the unique craftsmanship – the Christmas market at the foot of the Gaisberg is also a popular excursion destination for the people of Salzburg in the pre-Christmas period. Together with the surrounding town such as Hof near Salzburg, Fuschl am See or Ebenau, the Guggenthaler Christmas market is also a part of the Christmas of the Villages in the Fuschlsee region.