Goldegg is situated on a sunny plateau in the middle of the mountains. Pure nature, so to speak. Here you can really switch off, recharge your batteries and rediscover your inner balance. It is the perfect place to bring body, mind and soul into harmony. Being active, exercising in the fresh air and relaxation are combined in the idyllic surroundings of Goldegg am See. The quiet location and the proximity to the forest, meadows and mountains invite you to take leisurely or challenging hikes, (e-)mountain bike tours or relaxed runs. Here you can look forward to many hours of sunshine in every season, beautiful nature, a charming village with a lot of tradition and customs and a varied range of leisure activities.
Variety of summer experiences
A wide variety of delicacies can be enjoyed particularly well at the Goldegg alpine huts with a magnificent view. Each of the rustic alpine huts has its very own speciality and all of them want to be tasted during a hike or bike tour. E-mountain bikes are available for rent at the tourist office for a comfortable journey. For those who want to enjoy a relaxing day in the sun or are looking for a little refreshment, a dip in the Goldegg Moorsee or the crystal-clear Böndlsee is recommended. The Goldegg Golf Club also promises a special experience with its 18-hole championship course, which shines with breathtaking views and challenging layouts.
Art & Culture at Goldegg Castle
Goldegg Castle, dating from the 14th century, is reflected in the moor lake that lies at its feet and nestles up against the church and the historic village centre. In Goldegg, being active can be wonderfully combined with cultural interests, because behind the walls of the castle an extensive programme is offered: Concerts of all styles, exhibitions by regional and internationally renowned artists, lecture series and readings, cabarets, theatre performances and much more. Those who want to develop their education while on holiday have the opportunity to attend painting courses here or seminars that deal with questions about health and lust for life under the title “Encounters”.
Places of interest Goldegg am See
- Goldegg Castle: Goldegg Castle, dating from the 14th century, has magnificent rooms, some of which have been preserved in their original state, and the magnificent Knights’ Hall with its wooden panelling. The castle houses a café, the painting academy and a local history museum (guided tours possible: insight into the past living culture of burghers and farmers).
- Parish church: mentioned in 1339, early Gothic crucifixion fresco (around 1330).
- Hirtenkapelle: The shepherd’s chapel on the Meislstein was consecrated in 1999 and is only a 20-minute walk from the Meislstein alp. Its interior hides artistic carvings by a local sculptor. The view extends from the mighty Hochkönig massif in the north to the Hohe Tauern in the south. The shepherd’s chapel is a true place of strength that invites you to pause and gives you energy for everyday life.
- Goldegg Golf Club: 18-hole championship course
- Rohrmoosschmiede: dating back to the 14th century, open from March – October, every 1st Sat and Sun of the month, free admission!
Active in Goldegg
All year round, the landscape in and around Goldegg invites you to active recreation. The surrounding mountains with their hiking trails and alpine pastures from spring to autumn entice you in winter with perfectly groomed slopes of the Ski amadé. The Goldegg Buchberg ski area is particularly popular with families with small children and novice skiers because of its ideal size.