This exceptional landscape opens up a wide range of hiking trails for mountain enthusiasts, from easy pleasure hiking along the varied family route to more challenging high altitude routes. In Göriach, every hiker can find their favourite tour.
Even in winter, Göriach has a lot to offer
Active recuperation is big on the agenda also in winter. Freshly groomed cross-country ski trails, romantic winter hiking trails, exciting toboggan runs and of course, numerous ski runs are in the immediate vicinity. One such example is the family mountain Fanningberg, and all these make Göriach an absolute pleasure. Exceptional ski tours are best accompanied by experienced locals and guided snow-shoe tours lead through the snow-covered winter landscape.
Insider tips in Göriach
Göriach’s Hüttendorf is a quaint Alpine village which is within easy reach for children’s buggies and also for seniors.
- Furthermore: From here there are selected hikes, such as that to the Landawirsee, which can be reached in another 1.5 hours.
- Atmospheric: The regularly occurring Alpine fair with its big Mountain Festival is an experience in itself
- Living traditions: the Lungau Harvest Festival with its traditional sheep round-up
- Busy Bees: on the Göriach Bee Trail await fascinating insights into the world of bees.
The Hiasnhof of the Naynar family. 29 years ago, Günther Naynar came to Lungau and stayed. At that time, he was one of the first that made goats cheese. Both delicious and extraordinary creations are here to amaze any cheese connoisseur:
- Larch Wood Ash
- Juniper Needles
- Crushed Pepper and Currants
His cheeses are only available in selected locations and it is therefore best to visit family Naynar directly in Göriach.