Summer, Sun and Lake. For those who spend their holiday in Fuschl, they experience unforgettable moments of enjoyment. The day begins with a hike on one of the surrounding peaks – everyone can find the right tour for them, from easy family hikes up to demanding summit attempts. Afterwards, a dip in the crystal-clear Fuschlsee entices. For true connoisseurs, the excellent restaurants and inns serve all sorts of delicious dishes. What about a fresh Trout from the castle’s own fishery, served directly at the lakeside?
Top events in summer
Fuschl am See is also the venue for numerous events related to sport and culture. Such as the Eddy Merckx Classic Cycling Marathon!
For those who visit Fuschl am See in winter, they can enjoy the romantic atmosphere of the Castle Fuschl in the snow-covered winter landscape. It became famous in the Sissi films and still today this fairy-tale castle is enthroned on the Fuschlsee. During the Advent season, a visit to the charming Christmas market in the castle should not be missed. Relaxation after a winter hike waits in the sauna area in the Fuschlseebad.
Winter at its best
Looking for a guided snow-shoe tour or winter fun on the Waldhof mountain pasture with snow tubes, snow biking, sledging and more?
- Ship ahoy: the barge sailing trip sails all over the crystal-clear Fuschlsee.
- Historical: In the more than 140 year old Ruming mill, miller Daniela opens the doors to snack days on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday afternoons.
- Pure water fun: At the Fuschl Beach, there is a natural beach with sunbathing area, a heated outdoor pool with indoor entrance, a bubble area, a children’s pool and a solarium.
- Hiking dwarves beware: the dwarf path ‘The Dwarves of Seppnhölzl’ leads to the Ruming mill and up to the Ellmau stone path.
- Healing herbs: grow in the Kneipp herb garden with more than 140 herbs. Sophie Brandstätter gladly gives you tips for at home on Tuesday and Friday afternoons.
- CULINARY ROAD 4 KIDS: every Tuesday, Thursday & Friday afternoon during the summer months children can bake a fragrant bread on a stick bread over a crackling camp-fire in the Ruming mill.