Both in summer and in winter – a holiday in Faistenau is an unforgettable experience. Thanks to its immediate proximity to the Lakes of the Salzkammergut, this town is the ideal starting point for day trips to the cooling waters. Numerous mountain walks are also waiting to be experienced.
- Lidaun Mountain: 2 hour ascent for sunny views
- Strubl Gorge a cool gorge with lush vegetation
- A Fairy-tale trail on the Faistauer Schafberg: fabulous local information along the way
- Then head up high in the Faistenau climbing park
- Faistenau is closely linked to its folk culture. Living traditions are on offer all year round. Such as the Faistenauer Jedermann in July and August. The performance about the death of the rich man in dialect, by Hugo von Hofmannsthal, under the 1000 year old lime-tree is also the symbol of this town.
When Mother Holle blesses the town with fresh snow, a winter holiday awaits action-seeking guests in Faistenau with skiing, cross-country skiing and snow tubing fun. (https://www.salzburgerland.com/de/magazin/snowtubing-faistenau/
For those who prefer something more romantic, explore the snow-covered landscape with a horse-drawn sleigh ride or a leisurely winter hike. Whether on the ski slopes or a winter walk, the wonderfully fresh winter air completes the holiday experience.
Highlights in winter:
Cross-country skiing town of Faistenau: more than 55 kilometres of trails await cross-country skiers and skaters. The 5-kilometre cross-country skiing night trail is popular with locals and visitors alike.
Ski-tours & snowshoe hiking
For those who want to make their way up the snow-covered heights with snow-shoes or touring skis, the Salzkammergut educational touring trail, on the Loibersbacher Heights, should not be missed.
Winter events in Faistenau include:
The biathlon events & courses from the Nordic Fun cross-country ski school
Also Snow tubing is great fun!