Berndorf: Vacation in a sunny location
Salzburg Lake District: 4 Lakes together
The surrounding landscape is unparalleled: located in the middle of the Salzburg Lake District there are 4 lakes in the immediate vicinity.
- Besides the Grabensee, which stretches directly through Berndorf, there are also
- the Wallersee
- the Mattsee and
- the Obertrumersee belonging to the Salzburg Lake District.
The Grabensee moor is said to have special healing powers. The moor spa on the south-west shore should definitely not be missed during a holiday in Berndorf.
Beautiful farms and hamlets dominate the landscape of this municipality. The local farmers cultivate their fields and farms with a big love of tradition. Berndorf has a gently structured scenery and is influenced by the rural cultural landscape with its farms and hamlets. Located at an altitude of 548metres, the village is the perfect starting point for excursions to the surrounding lakes. In addition, biking tours start in Berndorf and for extended hikes to suit all tastes, the locals always have an insider tip ready.
Insider tips in Berndorf:
- The natural monument Linde am Thurn is located over the Kalchgrubergut at an altitude of 687m. Hikers and peace-seekers enjoy the rich scenery while resting on the Berndorf Wiegeliege. From here there is a magnificent view over Berndorf, the surrounding countryside and the adjacent mountains.
- The Bavarian Bike Tour from Mattsee to Waging am See passes directly through Berndorf. In the Bavarian Parlour of the Neuwirt Inn, cyclists can recharge their batteries.
- The Via Nova, the European pilgrimage route, also passes through Berndorf. The specially built Via Nova fountain or the “Bajuwarenstüberl” at tha Neuwirt in the old village square invites pilgrims to take a break.
- The Haunsberg-trail: especially in late autumn, this hike is an extraordinary experience because you will pass the “Plague Column“
- The elaborate Parish Church: The cornerstone of this late Gothic church was laid in the year 1440.
- The parsonage built in 1531 was established in 1989 as a home for the Catholic virgin “Katholische Jungschar”.